WEST EDMONTON MALL®
WORLD’S LARGEST (Guinness world records)
The Greatest Indoor Show on Earth
DEVELOPED, OWNED, MANAGED AND OPERATED BY TRIPLE FIVE®, THE STORES, ATTRACTIONS AND SERVICES AT WEST EDMONTON MALL®, LOCATED IN EDMONTON, ALBERTA, CANADA, COMBINE TO FORM THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE RETAIL, HOSPITALITY AND ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX ON EARTH. AS THE PROTOTYPE FOR MIXED-USE ENTERTAINMENT FACILITIES, WEST EDMONTON MALL REMAINS THE BENCHMARK BY WHICH ALL OTHER ENTERTAINMENT-ORIENTED MALLS ARE JUDGED.
Employing almost 24,000 people, the Mall is a fully integrated, climate-controlled tourism, entertainment and retail “city” of 5.3 million square feet. Zoned as a shopping centre and accredited as a zoo, West Edmonton Mall is home to more than 800 stores and services including nine amazing attractions, a world-class hotel, the widest variety of one-of-a-kind retailers, 100 dining venues to suit all tastes and entertainment for all ages.
As The Greatest Indoor Show on Earth, the West Edmonton Mall mission is to provide every guest with a unique shopping and entertainment experience. More than 30 million people, nine times the population of the Province of Alberta, visit the Mall each year, making it the province’s number one tourist attraction.
WEST EDMONTON MALL® IS RECOGNIZED IN THE GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS AS:
- World’s largest indoor amusement park (25 rides and attractions)
- World’s largest indoor triple loop rollercoaster (1,285 metres of track)
- World’s largest indoor lake (complete with a replica of Christopher Columbus’ Santa Maria)
- World’s largest indoor wave pool (12.5 million litres of water)
- World’s largest parking lot (with room for 20,000 vehicles)
- World’s tallest indoor permanent bungee tower (30 metres up and 30 metres down)