- Mall of America® is the state’s most recognized landmark and welcomes more than 40 million annual visitors, forty percent of whome travel from outside of 150 miles, and is the number one tourist destination in the Midwest.
- More than onebillion people have visited Mall of America (MOA®) since its doors opened in 1992.
- On any given day MOA becomes Minnesota’s third largest city in population.
- Tourists spend an average of $162 per visit to MOA. For every dollar spent by visitors in Mall of America, $1.25 is spent by the same visitor outside the Mall. International guests spend 2.5 more than locals per day.
- Weekly MOA surveys indicate that the visitor base represents every state.
- 42 percent of tourists who visit MOA received recommendations and 28 percent are repeat visitors.
- More than 30 million people live within a day’s drive of MOA.
- In addition to the $437 million tourists spend at Mall of America annually, every family or group visiting MOA from outside Minnesota spends $539 on goods and services outside MOA.
- More than 12,000 tour groups visit MOA every year.
Key International Markets
KEY U.S. MARKETS